Monday, March 17, 2008

Bad Muni. Bad

Here's the winner of our first "Bad Dog" Award. We know MUNI has issues. Too bad there isn't a transit therapist. I received this email from RedScorpion68 and thought I'd share it with you.

Love your blog. Thought I'd share a totally idiotic MUNI adventure with you. I was riding the 30 Stockton Sunday night around 9:30 PM. It was bus number 5551. I got on at Sutter and the heat was on. I don't know why cause it was like 65 degrees outside. Every window was open. After a few minutes, I was sweating like a piggy. Around Columbus, I went up to the driver and asked if he could turn the heat off because we were all hot. His reply "Really?" I said yeah, we're burning up. He then muttered something I couldn't understand. He never turned the heat off. An elderly woman was fanning herself and sweating. She had to get off early cause she couldn't take it anymore. If a driver can't understand that heat is not needed and to turn it off, why the hell is he driving a bus? Kinda scary.

Actually, RedScorpion68, really scary.

Yep. That's our city's finest at work. Don't even bother about sending in one of the MUNI complaint forms. I sent one in five months ago and requested a reply. After two follow ups, I still haven't heard. If any other Friscoers have a MUNI story or other complaint, feel free to send. We'll Bad Dog them. We good people need all the support we can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This isn't even the worse. I saw a 38 Geary driver almost hit a kid on a bike in the cross walk. MUNI is crap.

Anonymous said...

I hate Muni more each day. I know its a huge system to operate, but the fact that they can't even manage the over populated 38 Geary line is stupid. Bad Muni indeed!