Monday, March 10, 2008

Cheap Eats: "Los Hermanos" Marina Mexican Feast

I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for a burrito. Even those new fangled ones (anyone remember World Wraps?) So when I find one of those filled treats, I want to let you know. A great burrito awaits for you at Los Hermanos Mexican Food (2026 Chestnut Street at Fillmore). If you need a Hungry Man kinda meal, their Super Chicken Burrito($5.95) hits the spot. Loaded with chicken, your choice of beans, salsa, guac, sour cream (I skip that) and salsa, this burrito makes me happy. I also recommend the simple Chicken & Rice burrito ($4.85). The chicken is flavorful and has just a hint of spice. While the salsa is fresh made, it doesn't have the sting of other salsas. For you nachos fan (and who isn't?), try the Super Nachos ($5.65, with meat $6.75). A big 'ol pile of chips, cheese and chicken. The cheese isn't overpowering or have that "processed cheese" taste. For drinks, try the Jumex Nectar ($1.40). Straight from Mexico, this stuff is the best. Don't know what's in it (hopefully nectar), but it tastes better than the American stuff.

Parking is a bitch. It's the Marina...what did you expect? They've got a friendly staff who have been there for over 20 years.They're open till 9:30 PM Monday thru Saturday. My advice - go late on a week night and get parking and some good chow. Even burritophile.com (yes...I do not make that up) raves. But now you're in on the secret!

No comments: